What Should I Bring to Inpatient
Staying at Greenbriar Treatment Center
- Only one bag/suitcase is permitted. Bring only 7 days worth of casual clothes,
even though you may be staying up to 28 days. We have laundry facilities you may use if needed.
Clothes with messages advertising drugs/alcohol, bars, vulgarity, etc, are not permitted. All shirts must have sleeves, no sleeveless shirts are permitted.
- Greenbriar will provide your shampoo/body wash. If you choose to bring your own, the
containers must be see-through or clear. Bring your own deodorant, comb/brush, toothbrush,
toothpaste. You cannot bring products that contain alcohol (such as mouthwash, cologne,
or hair spray). No aerosol cans.
- Greenbriar provides laundry soap. Do not bring your own unless you bring PODS. Bleach is not permitted.
- You can bring a small radio, iPod (without picture or internet capability) or personal
CD player with headphones, alarm clock, books, and magazines.
- If you smoke, bring your own cigarettes.
- Vapes must have an internal battery and fillable tank (no tools required). Juice must
be labeled and unopened. No external battery/mechanical mods. No RDA/RBA.
Identification and Insurance Information
- You must bring a Photo ID/Driver’s License.
- Bring all your health insurance cards.
- If you have a separate prescription card, YOU MUST bring it with you.
- If you have applied for medical assistance, YOU MUST bring your papers with you. YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED WITHOUT THEM!
Medications and Medical Needs
- DO NOT bring narcotic medications/controlled substances with you to treatment even if you are taking them as prescribed.
Opiate medications (Vicodin, OxyContin, Percocet, etc), maintenance medications (suboxone, methadone etc), benzodiazepines
(Xanax, Ativan, klonopin, etc) and other narcotic or controlled substances are not permitted. IF BROUGHT
TO THE FACILITY, THEY WILL BE SENT BACK HOME WITH YOUR RIDE, OR DISPOSED OF.
- If you are taking prescribed medications, you must bring them with you in their
original bottles, or bring the prescription with you.
- If you need medical supplies (glucometer, inhaler, crutches, etc) please bring those
with you as well.
- Many insurance companies require you to pay a deductible, co-payment or do not cover
some medication costs. If this is the case, you must speak with our business office staff who
will explain your policy and make the necessary financial arrangements prior to admission.
- $30-$50 in cash is enough. You will need money for vending machines, laundry and the pay phone.
We do sell phone cards, but we suggest you bring your own. Please note, we do not cash personal
checks. We also rent locks for your closet for $5. When you return your lock and key upon discharge,
we return your $5. You can bring your own lock if you wish.
What You CANNOT Bring with You
- During the Inpatient stay, patient’s cars are NOT permitted on Greenbriar property.
Any vehicle parked on Greenbriar property will be moved to a local unsupervised public parking
lot or towed at the owner’s expense. Greenbriar will accept no liability for any vehicle
parked in the public lot.
- Cell phones are not permitted. Cameras are not permitted.
- Greenbriar will supply you with a razor. Do not bring your own, unless it is an electric
razor. Beard trimmers are also not permitted.
- No portable DVD Players, iPod Touch, or MP3 players with cameras/video recording capability.
- No Nooks, Kindles or any other E-Readers.
- Please do not bring any sharp objects such as scissors or letter openers, and box cutters.
- No glass or mirrors.No glass pictures or glass vases.
- Firearms, knives or weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Laptop computers, handheld organizers, video games, etc. are not permitted.
- Playing cards/dice are not permitted
- Do not bring jewelry that is valuable to you, unless you plan to keep it on your entire stay.
- Do not bring food or drinks with you. We supply all meals, and have vending machines
for snacks. Caffeine is not permitted.
- Electrical appliances that do not have an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) or
Canadian Standards Association (CSA) labels are not permitted. All electrical appliances
brought into Greenbriar must be approved by the Admissions staff, Nursing staff and/or
Maintenance staff prior to using.